Monday, August 9, 2010

Not today....

No butt kicking today, sucka's!!!

I went back to the beginning
Session 1 (35 minutes) Run 30 seconds. Walk 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Do this 7 times.
2 mi + warm up, cool down. (I think that's more distance/per minute than the 1st time I did this day!)

I went out a little after 6...and gosh it was dark!! Like, it wasn't this dark at six am in June!!! I'm sure it has something to do with it getting closer to the equinox or the pull of the moon on the waves or some non-sense I don't understand; but man, I was kind of scared when I got a block from my house! Can I run with a pocket tazer? Do they make pocket tazers?!? (why is spellcheck telling me tazer isn't a word??)

Anyway, my deer friends were back this morning to scare the crap out of me. They must have missed me because they were waiting way closer than normal this morning and jumped up off the ground..in the darkness...about 30 feet away and didn't run even when I kept approaching them. Are these attack deer?? FoS (Field of Snakes) was interesting to cross in the dark this morning...no ankle breaking today, no thanks to the ground squirrels.

Ok, I'm gross and hungry (not a normal combination, I promise) and I'm sure you're all ready to stop reading my verbal vomit now...so have a great Monday!!!

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend gave me a jogger's mace for just that reason. I like to jog in the dark but it scares me to be alone. He said he bought it in case a dog comes after me. I think you can get them at Wal-Mart or Target. Probably works for attack deer also :o) Good luck with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to jog in the dark too!! I am definitely going to have to go "running accessory shopping" on Friday! We live in the sticks, we seriously don't even have a Wal-mart...wonder if Dollar General carries mace? lol...I think I need some kind of reflective stuff too, I'm not sure my shoes alone are enough (they have a little.) Not enough to scare off attack deer, apparently! ;D

    ReplyDelete