Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 1, Day 2- Take 2

So, I get back from my run awhile ago...and I feel like crap. (I try not to actually touch the stuff, but when you have two kids, it just kind of happens) I feel like the proverbial crap.

I did my run:
Session 2 (40 minutes) Run 30 seconds. Walk 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Do this 8 times.

And after the 1st mile (after the 4th time) I started wanting to quit. I was being passed by walkers, I wasn't keeping up the pace I had yesterday...what was wrong with me? (Maybe those tortilla chips at 9:30 last night?!?) I really wanted to quit. After the 6th time, I started justifying to myself all the reasons I could quit. "I'm not a runner. I'm not fooling anyone. I've never been athletic, why should I start at 29?"

BUT, I kept going...if there's anything I've learned it's that I KNOW running another mile will not kill me. I may be really red in the face and it may take me forever; but my body is physically capable of doing it, if I mentally make it do it. So, I did! Even though I still feel poopie about the run, I did it.

So, I log on to my blog and check my stalk-worth blogs on the right to see a new post by Running Off at the Mouth...and it's just the encouragement I needed! We're not in the same situation really, she's an AMAZING runner; a pro who makes running sound exciting and fulfilling because she loves it...now if you read her post, you know that she's trying to "get out of a slump", but this girl's got gumption!! Check her blog out if you haven't....

Back? Isn't great that we have people to encourage us, even if they don't know it? I believe that we were created with a desire for community...a desire to connect with other people (I wonder why blogging's so popular?!?) Ok, now I'm going to go hunt me down some protein and get ready to have a great day with my sweet munchkins before that little boy goes off to Kindergarten soon!! *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Wow thanks for the kind words! I'm so glad they motivated you. Running is HARD--that's what makes it so worthwhile. Doing it and pushing through the hard parts will reward you exponentially. It'll show you who you are. You are doing great--keep it up!

    ReplyDelete