Saturday, June 12, 2010

Big Baby


<---- That's kind of sad and disgusting...but that's how I feel today. Like a big, fat baby. I hurt pretty darn bad, but not like in a good way; not in a "muscles rebuilding because you accomplished a feat" kind of way. I hurt in a "I'm still healing from a hysterectomy" kind of way. Things hurt in places that I haven't hurt in for awhile now. This seems so unfair! I behaved (mostly) and the doctor said that it should be fine for me to run, and I ran/walked even, so why do I hurt worse than I did before I ran/walked??? I'm still really glad I had the surgery, but I hate that it takes soooo long to fully recover. I took Extra Strength Tylenol last night because it hurt enough that I worried it might keep me up. Maybe I'll take some more tonight too. I still plan on starting my training schedule on Monday, I may have to repeat some weeks twice in order to make sure I'm taking it a little slower if I HAVE to. I don't want to wimp out, but I don't want to be stupid and injure myself internally either. *sigh* Any runner out there have a hysterectomy in your past??? And my allergies have started acting up. At least I think it's allergies and not a cold. Me and the kiddos all have drainage and coughing; we're big snotty family!! (you don't really want a picture of that, do you?!?) I took some benadryll earlier and ended up with an unexpected nap this afternoon...which is always nice! It was a lazy day for me, but poor hardworking husband worked his cute behind off today: doing dishes, laundry and getting as much stuff done around here before he leaves on Monday so that there's less hassle for me this week. Isn't he sweet?? So, I've also been looking at local races around here. And, since I live out in the sticks of west Texas, local apparently means at least 3 hours away. I still have more time to look, but so far the closest "marathon" is
Saturday, Nov. 13 Buffalo Wallow Half Marathon & 2-Mile Run Lubbock, TX

Yeah, don't exactly see myself being ready for a half-marathon by then, but who knows, anything is possible, right?? But I better be able to run 2 miles by then!! :) I know a few people from Big Lake who ran that last year (I've recently learned) so that would be fun to run it together, but we'll see. (they did the half-marathon) So, I'll see how the next 2 months go and will keep looking for closer (distance wise) Runs / 5k's. How long was your first race???

1 comment: