Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 2

I got up earlier today, 6:30am, and out the door by 6:44; so I think I did pretty good!! It was much cooler, even by the time I was finished it was still fairly cool and it's supposed to be 95 today with storms. It was a little humid, but I spent many great years in east Texas so this was nothing!! :)

Being in west Texas, it's more windy here than I'm used to; and walking into the wind seemed to slow my pace down some (or maybe it was just mental, does anyone know?) so I wonder if it will be that way when I run?

Speaking of running, there were a few more people at the track this morning and I had the thought that I'm going to be trying to run in front of a group of strangers...ugh. I'm already trying to psyche myself up...I want to run gracefully, but that will take time, unless I am a natural runner all of a sudden after having surgery...lol. I'm sure I'm not the only novice who's had this thought/fear, so I'm perfectly capable of pushing past it and doing what I need to do!

The training program I'm on is a timed running/walking program (run for certain time/walk for certain time; repeat 7 times) And I need to figure my watch out better so that I can actually time myself like I'm supposed to. :)

Time to go feed hungry people and get ready for Chaz's friend to come over today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment