Friday, June 25, 2010

Impatient Me

Week 1
Session 2 (40 minutes) Run 30 seconds. Walk 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Do this 8 times.
Done and Done.

I am thankful for legs that hurt at the end of 2 1/4 miles, because that means that they work and walk and run when I have the notion.

I am thankful for lungs that feel as though they might explode because they are not used to having to work this hard- but can.

I am thankful for a red face (why does it do that after running?!) that can respond when my wonderful husband asks how my run was in the morning.

...I am a very impatient person. I know that I have several talents and abilities, but I seldom try new things because I want to be "good" at whatever it is immediately. This is completely unrealistic, I understand and acknowledge that; but it just makes "working up to something" even harder for me!! :) I want to be able to run well, and I want to be able to do it now (after only 2 days...lol) *sigh* but this too shall take time. And it will be well worth it. I hope in about a month I can look back at this post and smile because I've improved so much! That pacing myself and working hard and consistently will have made a difference.

Next week is the week of 4 children. My neice and nephew (2 and 8) are staying with us for a week....we get to be the "cool aunt and uncle" who show them an amazing time in west Texas! (As compared to the "exhausted aunt and uncle who put all children to bed an hour earlier for sanity's sake" lol) Happy Friday to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment