Friday, June 11, 2010

Hey, I can run! (a little....)

I'm free!! Free to do whatever I want! (well, relatively speaking...lol) And this has made me pause to think about a lot of things...if I'm *free* (medically, physically) unlike so many other people I know, to do whatever I want....What should I want to be doing? My brother says, "If you're going to wrestle a bear, it might as well be a grizzly!" So...more on that later!

I went for a "run" this morning!! It wasn't exactly the first day of my training plan because I didn't have quite that much time this morning...but here's what I did:
'
Warm-up walk: 5 min
Run for 30 seconds and then walk for 4 1/2 minutes (x2)
Run for 45 seconds and then walk for 4 minutes (x3)
Cool down walk: 5 min

I realized that I could run for more than 30 seconds, so I decided to try it for more...after 45 seconds I realized I could probably run a little more, but I also wanted to do it at least 2 more times. If I'd had time, I'd try for more...but THAT, my friends, will happen on Monday! By the way, there is an awesome book I really, really want that the girls at She Runs Like a Girl are giving away, go check it out if you haven't already!!
Daniel will be gone all next week, bummer, but I've asked a neighbor girl to come watch the kids on Monday and Thursday night so I can get in 2 of my 3 weekly runs...

All this talk of runs has me having to go to the bathroom...(jk)

Well, I'm off to the last day of VBS and then to relax with my hubbin' before he ditches me on Monday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your running and training! Go for the grizzly!

    ReplyDelete